Finance Director - London - Up to £120k - 15-month contract
A dynamic and entrepreneurial supply chain, pricing and financing services company are looking for an interim finance director for a maternity cover contract.
Your main responsibility will be to manage the corporate accounting team ensuring all aspects of reporting and processing are operating effectively.
- Management of a team of 7 with 4 direct reports, indirect oversight of the global finance team.
- Review and oversight of management account reporting including:
- Ad hoc second reviews of submissions
- Walkthrough/review of consolidation process including IFRS application.
- Preparation of the monthly board management accounts, quarterly board pack and annual financial statements and the annual budget process
- Oversight of the annual audit from engagement through sign off, ensuring the team complies with deadlines
- Regular interaction with the tax team to ensure accurate tax accounting and compliance
- Overview of routine transactional processes such as VAT, ensuring new developments are considered and assisting junior staff when necessary
- Ad hoc shareholder reporting
- Day to day management of processes and procedures
- FX oversight and report development
- Data management analysis through data warehousing and PowerBI driven reporting
- Global tax oversight including TP / VAT/ Global consolidation etc
- IT and supplier oversight i.e. (Bottomline, Barclaycard replacements etc)
- Training - both intra and inter team i.e. FX, VAT, SUITE (internal ERP system), Data management
- Process Improvements aligned with system improvement roll out
- ACA trained from practice with 10+ years PQE.
- Proven experience of managing a team.
- Ability to form relationships within finance team, IT teams and wider office to ensure positive collaborative working environment.
- Ability to manage numerous requirements and prioritising critical, along with keeping relevant stakeholders well informed on tasks.
- A forward-thinking individual who can assist the finance team to develop processes and to automate and systemise as much as possible.
- SUN Systems accounting software and Infor Q&A / Vision desirable
- Previous exposure to multi-currency entities.