Group Accountant - London / Hybrid - Up to £60k
Do you want to work for a company whose main aim is make a difference to people's lives?
A biotechnology company researching, developing, and delivering therapeutics to help treat mental illness are looking for a Group Accountant.
The Group Accountant will play a key role within finance ensuring requirements are delivered, whilst also driving improvements in the group's financial systems, controls and processes.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly and quarterly management reporting ensuring books are closed in a timely manner to enable reporting (once developed)
- Assist with the provision of information to external auditors
- Reconcile intercompany and intercompany recharges once in place
- Day to day bookkeeping for the entire organisation ensuring appropriate and accurate recording of transactions across all processes including but not limited to AP, AR, payroll, employee expenses
- Ensure that monthly balance sheet reconciliations are prepared
- Coordinate with HR on personnel changes and preparation of payroll reconciliation for reviews/approvals and associated payments
- Set up and manage capital asset registers
- Develop and maintain controls over recording and reporting of transactions
- Provide support to the FP&A Manager as required and as possible alongside primary duties as listed above
- Set up payment runs
- Qualified ACA, ACCA or equivalent
- Strong knowledge of IFRS and public company reporting
- Strong controls background, experience of operating within a SOX environment is preferable
- Aptitude for working with systems and databases
- Excellent Excel skills
- Self-motivated and highly resilient, able to manage multiple competing priorities effectively and in a consistently pragmatic manner