Senior Web Developer
Reports to Solutions Architect
This is an exciting opportunity to join a project which will drive significant environmental benefits in horticultural fresh produce and ornamental production.
We are recruiting a Senior Web Developer to join our team.
You will be someone with high energy and high EQ capable of creating an atmosphere of engagement within a small, focussed team. You will have excellent written, verbal and non-verbal communication. You must have an optimistic and positive outlook and be commercially astute.
You will be an individual who is eager to be involved in the development of a ground-breaking solution which will be a paradigm shift in horticulture, delivering significant measurable, commercial, and environmental advantages to the production of fresh produce and ornamentals.
Above all, you must be a creative problem solver.
You will probably have a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related subject. You are likely to have 5+ years of relevant experience.
SUMMARY OF ROLE
You will be responsible for the development of the customer and administrative user interfaces of our solution. This means managing our design requirements in collaboration with the Project team and external web designers. You will define clear goals for all aspects of the UI development and manage their proper execution.
You will oversee all web UI technological risks and make sure that the described solution proves to be consistent while meeting all the necessary requirements.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
You will be a highly proficient C# / ASP.NET - Web Developer / Senior Software Engineer with a sound knowledge of Microsoft database technologies. You will have knowledge across a broad spectrum of programming languages and techniques who have demonstrable experience applying both existing and modern technologies in developing solutions.
- Demonstrable experience of a key role in building web applications to enterprise standards
- Highly proficient in C# and .NET, focusing on ASP.NET
- Thorough knowledge of one or more technologies (e.g., .Net, C#, User Interface, XML, database technologies, spatial technologies)
- You must have strong Transact SQL experience and be used to dealing with large datasets and/or real time information
- Experience of working with Augmented Reality development tools, and capable of directing development within our chosen AR SDK.
- Ability to work within DevOps and Agile methods
- Hybrid working - principally from our offices near Arundel, but regular working from our offices combined with working from anywhere is welcome.
- Salary Range, £45k to £55k
- Generous contributory pension scheme
- 23 days holiday (plus public holidays)
- Employee discount
- Excellent working environment
- Own transport is essential